The Chief of Staff/Extension Program:
The national organization requires only 5 things of an Auxiliary and should they be unable to meet the 5 Essentials, they are in danger of losing their Charter. The 5 Essentials are:
1. Auxiliaries should have at least 10 business meeting per year. (Sec 210) Five members in good standing (of that Auxiliary) shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business. (Sec 212)
2. Dues should be paid on at least 10 members on or before February 1 of the current year. (Sec 207)
3. Quarterly audits by Trustees must be submitted. (Sec 814)
4. Officers elected and installed and reported to National Headquarters no later than June 30. This generates the bond application via email. (Sec. 804A & 806A)
5. The offices of President and Treasurer MUST be bonded by September 30. This is an extended date for this year due to the problems with MALTA
I encourage you to embrace and promote the CARE concept with your Auxiliary.
· Catch the member when they first join
· Ask them to participate
· Remember what it felt like to be new
· Engage them in a program that fits them
Please check the National website at www.vfwauxiliary.org for information on Mentoring, Healthy Auxiliary Tool Kit and lots of other very useful information.
Betty Gimble, Chief of Staff 2017-2018